Lots has happened over the last couple weeks -
- Most importantly - this week I was offered a permanent full time position with my company! I've been covering a mat leave that was supposed to end in August, but everything fell in to place and a position came open. I've worked my ass off to get this job, it's pretty much my dream job :-)
- Also - we started our gift registry
- We went through our "TO DO" list to see just how much we have left (it's actually not that bad!)
- We finalized our menu & invitation wording
- We set up a date to start our required pre-marital counselling
- Tomorrow we have a meeting with our photographer
- We have a design for our centerpieces and ordered what we need for them and the list goes on and on and on!YAY!
- AND....the bridesmaids attire has been selected and the girls love the dress! They are so cute! Kinda want one for myself ;-)
|Bridesmaid dresses! They are getting the same colors as the picture!|
So with all that out of the way, my topic of the day!
I've wanted one for so long. When I first discovered them, I wasn't able to find a place around here that did them. I think there are a few salons now that do! I'll have to do some more research!
Basically they are like stickers/appliques for you nails that are supposed to last up to 10 days - Major bonus for me because I end up painting my nails every 3 - 5 days! I'm pretty hard on my nails I guess....
I was looking at a magazine the other day and saw that Sally Hansen (and Sephora) makes their own version of Minx manicures. So of course I had to try them. I was pleasantly surprised. Once you get the hang of putting them on it's easy. I applied them Tuesday and they still look good!
Here's a crappy iPhone picture (the design is a little gaudy, but I like them)
Have any of you had a Minx Manicure before?
What about a shellac manicure?
I'm on the hunt for something (other than gels/acrylics - they always hurt my finger and I pull them off) that is going to last prior to the wedding!
Have a good weekend!