But, he's done it again...tomorrow is opening night. Woo Hoo!!!
Why am I telling you this? Because I've found the silver lining of being a lonely housewife.....I get to spend hours and hours cooking and baking and use all of our fun wedding gifts!!
Oh and I'm totally kidding about being a lonely housewife ;)
I think in my last post I mentioned that I had a new goal - to cook 2 -3 new dishes every week. And so far week one has been a great success!! I've tried 6 or so new things and it's only Wednesday!
- Pasta night. I have dance class and my husband is supposed to make dinner...
- Dinner - Chicken caesar wraps, nothing new
- Dessert - I made 3 new recipes. Warm chocolate pudding cakes (in our new Gordon Ramsey ramekins a wedding gift), caramel sauce and mint flavored whip cream
- Thai food!! I have never eaten or made Thai food thanks to a peanut and seafood allergy. But tonight I'm making chicken satay (with fake peanut butter!!) and pad thai. I haven't tried it yet, but my fingers are crossed!
- Dessert - I got a super cool cake pan the other day. It's a giant donut cake pan!! So I tried a new cake recipe :)
- I pre-made dinner tonight to save some time tomorrow. Shepherd's Pie!! A favorite around our house. I usually top it off with garlic mashed potatoes, but tonight instead of roasting the garlic by itself I made roasted garlic with rosemary (thanks for the idea Haylie Duff http://realgirlskitchen.com/everyone-should-know/ side note: check out her website, it's pretty cool!). I have a feeling it's going to be delicious!!