Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mission accomplished!!

My husband is a general contractor - right now he is working like a mad man to complete a 3 month job in 3 weeks. He's been working loooong days and getting home anywhere from 8:30pm - 11:30pm. Not my idea (or his) of awesome. I should be used to it because this happens during the last week of every job he does and really it's not that big of a deal, I'm just way too needy and have too short of an attention span to be home by myself all night, every night!
But, he's done it again...tomorrow is opening night. Woo Hoo!!!

Why am I telling you this? Because I've found the silver lining of being a lonely housewife.....I get to spend hours and hours cooking and baking and use all of our fun wedding gifts!!
Oh and I'm totally kidding about being a lonely housewife ;)

I think in my last post I mentioned that I had a new goal - to cook 2 -3 new dishes every week. And so far week one has been a great success!! I've tried 6 or so new things and it's only Wednesday!

Monday:
  • Pasta night. I have dance class and my husband is supposed to make dinner...
Tuesday: 
  • Dinner - Chicken caesar wraps, nothing new
  • Dessert - I made 3 new recipes. Warm chocolate pudding cakes (in our new Gordon Ramsey ramekins a wedding gift), caramel sauce and mint flavored whip cream
Wednesday:
  • Thai food!! I have never eaten or made Thai food thanks to a peanut and seafood allergy. But tonight I'm making chicken satay (with fake peanut butter!!) and pad thai. I haven't tried it yet, but my fingers are crossed! 
  • Dessert - I got a super cool cake pan the other day. It's a giant donut cake pan!! So I tried a new cake recipe :)
Thursday:
  • I pre-made dinner tonight to save some time tomorrow. Shepherd's Pie!! A favorite around our house. I usually top it off with garlic mashed potatoes, but tonight instead of roasting the garlic by itself I made roasted garlic with rosemary (thanks for the idea Haylie Duff  http://realgirlskitchen.com/everyone-should-know/ side note: check out her website, it's pretty cool!). I have a feeling it's going to be delicious!!
What are your favorite recipes?

1 comment:

  1. Your post is making me hungry! and thanks for the link I will check out that site!

    ReplyDelete