Saturday, October 15, 2011

Domestic Daydreaming

I haven't checked yet, but I could be a millionaire!
Well that is if we won the lottery tonight....Chances are slim, but someone has to win right so why not me and my husband?
The reason I'm thinking about it is because I have a plan should for when we win.
I have decided that when we win the lottery, I am going to work part time at my current job and spend the rest of my time cooking and blogging about it. My super successful cooking blog/website will naturally lead to me having a cooking show.....Yeah...
There are many things in my life that bring me great joy. My kitchen and cooking/baking are near the top of that list. So why not go with it!

So since I'm still working full time at my job, I will start small - my new goal is to make 2-3 new meals per week. I told my husband this and he looked so sad. He's a tried and true, go with what you know kinda fella. He likes his comfort food - pasta, shepherd's pie, meatloaf etc. Don't get me wrong, those are some of my faves too, but I'm all about trying new things.
It's not so much the eating new things part I enjoy, it's the cooking part - the creating, learning something new and of course the finished product. If it sucks then I try to figure out how to fix it for next time (if it gets a next time!) and it's good, then that's a bonus and we decide if it's worthy to be put in the keeper pile.

All of that being said, I need to go plan our menu for next week.
I hope to have some yummy pictures for you next week :)
Keep in ind, I am not a chef. I am totally self taught and just have a total love for food, my kitchen and being a domestic housewife.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment