Friday, March 11, 2011

The dress hunt continues!

I am always on the hunt for the perfect dress. I LOVE dresses! I have 2 that I wear regularly. Only 2...it's quite sad actually....I am really picky when it comes to buying clothes, especially dresses. I can only wear certain styles - classic, straight, kind of 50's style (not poofy or circle skirt bottoms, more like pencil skirt bottom).
My seamstress, (I call her mine because she made my maid of honor dress last year and she's making my wedding dress!!!!) said it best, dresses that poof out make me look stumpy! It's true!
Pencil skirts/pencil dresses make me feel good! I like dresses that accentuate my waist and cover up my wobbly bits ;) I am also particular about length. I have very muscular calves, thanks to 20+ years of highland dancing, so if dresses hit a certain length it looks all kinds of bad!

So, I have several reasons why I need some new dresses:
  • My Wedding Shower
  • My Stagette maybe?
  • Rehearsal Dinner
  • Gift opening maybe?
  • Bar openings - my fiance builds and does bar/pub/restaurant renos, so we need go to the openings and I have to look good right??!! That makes me sound so important. Trust me I'm not!
Here's some cute dresses I like. Most of them are from www.polyvore.com



www.modcloth.com 

I love the shape of this dress and the fact that it's plaid!
Vivienne Westwood



Gucci   
Hoss Intropa





 


Rodarte


So question of the day - what's your favorite style of dress? Do you like dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment