Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mr & Mrs

Every now and then our tiny 1 bedroom 750 square foot apartment looks like a bomb has gone off. Right now it's at that point. It's messy. Not cluttered or unorganized, but full blown messy. Of course I'm not proud to admit it, but it's the truth.  We have both been so incredibly busy that cleaning is not a priority. Over the last few weeks it's really started to bother me. Maybe it's the fact that it's spring and I'm excited to be able open my windows & blinds and let the sun in or maybe I'm sick of us living in something that resembles a frat boys dorm. Ok, it's not that bad!
Then it hit me today that maybe I'm starting to nest.
In a few more months, (ok, about 5 1/2) we're getting married. I'm going to be a wife. I'm going to have a husband. We're not kids anymore...we're grown ups and taking the next step in our lives and I'm more than ready! It's a pretty great thing to realize that. It just feel right.
Is this something that that all engaged/soon to be married couples think and feel? I truly believe being married will feel different, in the best way possible.

Now, this picture/article kind of ties into everything I'm thinking about today.
 I know there's a chance this may be fake, but could you imagine if it was real? I'm all over the whole domestic 50's housewife thing, but come on. I grew up in a very old school house - my mom stayed home and took care of the kids and the family business, while my dad went to work.
From a young age, I knew if I ever got married, my marriage would be different. I'm stubborn and independent, what can I say?? ;)
That last sentence totally contradicts my statement about "being all over the 50's housewife thing". But it makes sense to me. I can totally do it - I can work a full time job and be successful at it, have a tidy house, make delicious suppers and raise a family. I already know how I'm going to do it. I wish that I had some great world changing secret but it's actually quite simple....marry someone that you know is going to help you. Simple right??!!
I think so! Finding that person can be a challenge, but once you do find them, easy peasy!

Sometimes I tire myself out when I re-read my posts. So I apologize if my crazy ways tucker you out too. I just have so many thoughts - one thought leads to another and then another. You get what I'm saying right?

So all of that being said, I should finish cleaning so we too can have the kind of place where our friends can "pop" in for coffee :)

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! My assistant printed off that same article for me. She knows I desperately want to be a housewife.... but don't want to be THAT kind of housewife.

    ReplyDelete