That is in big part to the fact that I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant!!! So needless to say, I have had no appetite and no energy. For the most part if I ate, I ate like a 6 year old - chicken strips and mac & cheese. The last week or so I've had a bit of an appetite. It's odd how I now love certain things that I didn't care about before (oranges, chocolate and pork) and don't like the things I once loved (chicken and cheese). It's weird, but so awesome. We are so thankful, grateful and excited to be having a baby!!!
Anyways, all my cravings lead me to tonight's dinner!!
- Pork tenderloin with a cranberry glaze
- Scalloped potatoes
- cream corn
- Homemade Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Orange Whipped Cream
Molten Chocolate Lave Cakes from foodnetwork.ca
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons for greasing ramekins (125 ml plus 25 ml)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (175 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar (50mL)
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons for dusting ramekins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Butter and lightly flour 6 -6oz (175mL) ramekins.
- Tap out the excess flour. Set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter and the chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks with sugar, and salt until pale yellow and light.
- Quickly fold the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Fold in flour.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter into each ramekin. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are set and the centers are still soft.
- Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute and then invert them onto dessert plates.
- Let ramekins stand for 10 seconds before lifting them off the cakes. Serve immediately
(I changed it slightly and used pink oranges - they are sooo good!)
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed Sunkist® orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Sunkist® orange zest, chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
Instructions: (Makes 4 servings)
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir in freshly squeezed Sunkist orange juice, fresh Sunkist orange zest and powdered sugar.
- Continue whipping until peaks are firm.
- Refrigerate until needed.